HCL Technologies is a next-generation global technology company that helps enterprises reimagine their businesses for the digital age. Our technology products and services are built on four decades of innovation, with a world-renowned management philosophy, a strong culture of invention and risk-taking, and a relentless focus on customer relationships. HCL also takes pride in its many diversity, social responsibility, sustainability, and education initiatives. Through its worldwide network of R&D facilities and co-innovation labs, global delivery capabilities, and over 211,000 ‘Ideapreneurs’ across 52 countries, HCL delivers holistic services across industry verticals to leading enterprises, including 250 of the Fortune 500 and 650 of the Global 2000.
HCL’s global delivery center in Morocco is launched in 2022, presently developing our tech footprint in Sala Al Jadida (Technopolis Rabat Shore).
As a Junior Accessibility Tester, you will be responsible for ensuring that websites, web applications, and mobile apps meet accessibility standards and guidelines. You will work with a team of Accessibility Test Engineers, develop test cases and plans, perform accessibility evaluations, and report findings to project stakeholders. Your duties will include:
- Conducting accessibility evaluations of websites and native applications
- Assisting with the creation of processes, procedures, and documentation related to web accessibility.
- Learning how to assess and optimize website designs to meet accessibility needs.
- Providing technical assistance and remediation guidance to designers, developers, and QA
- Learning about accepted accessibility patterns and best practices
- Assisting with analyzing code for accessibility issues
- Communicating accessibility requirements and recommendations to project stakeholders
The ideal candidate should have some experience in accessibility testing, or a related field. You should also have some knowledge or experience in the following:
- Web, Apps, desktops Accessibility Testing based on WCAG/MAS guidelines
- Bug tracking tools like ADO, JIRA, Bugzilla
- Using CCA, AXE, Wave tool, NVDA, JAWS, Voice Over, Talkback
- Testing websites to ensure conformance to WCAG 2.0; 2.1 Level A/AA, Section 508
- Video and other digital media
- PDF and other document standards
- HTML 4 and 5
- CSS 2 and 3
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, or related fields