APM Terminals operates one of the world’s most comprehensive port and integrated inland service networks and continues investing in new business opportunities as well as upgrading current facilities. Project Execution (PE) is the function responsible for developing and implementing the strategy for project implementations, governance and standards to be used in the APM Terminals wide organization and is directly responsible for large CAPEX driven projects including Greenfields , major expansion as well as upgrades and retrofits to existing facilities.
We will soon kick off significant capital expansion project at our existing operation in Tangier, Morocco. The goal of the project is to both grow the existing container terminal business for APM Terminals TM2 as well as expand the business value and proposition for entire West Med.
This position can contribute to the design, execution and validation of the Automation implementation and technology integration based on APMT standard solutions and Terminal Operational requirements as well as develop and deploy APMT TM2 terminal specific processes, interfaces and applications.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Contribute to lead Automation implementation/validation in line with the Technical / Technology Integration Framework and Functional Requirements. Ensure proper definition of technical interface specifications for Equipment, civil, IT Systems.
• Work closely and be always aligned with Project and Terminal Automation Managers.
• Ensure Automation systems and related documentation comply with contractual requirements, local standard and regulations (with special care to safety-instrumented functions).
• Coordinate Automation Vendors during design, testing, installation activities, and required modifications after the handover.
• Test and validate Automation systems both at Vendor Facility and at Terminal with special care for final Performance, Safety and integration with third party system.
• Define and implement recommend corrective actions and projects to increase productivity, efficiency, quality and safety. Leading Simulation/Emulation activities with internal and external counterparts ensure smooth commissioning and start of operations in line with the Technical / Technology Integration Framework.
• Define and run test cases to validate overall Terminal performance and specific Systems based on contractual requirements and operation requirements. Configure, test and maintain automation systems.
•Understand and follow the company’s safety system
• Protect one self and those around from unsafe acts.
• Actively participate in contributing to zero accidents.
• Report any unsafe acts.
• Alert to risks and unsafe acts that could result in an accident.
• Participates in safety walks and HSSE initiativesy and service.
Who we are looking for
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Industrial System Design and Testing in a medium to large organization
• Must have at least 5 years of project handling/coordination experience Proven ability to establish and maintain automation and process documentation (functional requirements, test cases, wiring diagrams etc.etc.)
• SCADA and PLC programming knowledge (B&R and Siemens products knowledge is a plus). Control Panel HW design knowledge. International Standards and Local Regulations basic Knowledge (mainly IEC Standards / CE directives).
- Experience in the following systems a plus:
a) PLC : Siemens, languages Ladder, ST, FBD, IL, STL, AT commands.
b) CMS/HMI : Scada, WinCC, Citect and automation studio HMI designer.
c) Drives : Siemens, Drive Monitor, Simotion.
d) Platforms, Networking and protocols communications (TCP/IP, Profibus, ASI, CAN-Bus, Profinet and Drive-Cliq)
e) Design interfaces between the different layers above..
•Team player, able to collaborate and align on regular basis. Collaboration is key to success.
• Good communication skills, where sufficient level of English is a must.
• Driven, self-motivating, result orientated.
• High discipline – following through on actions and ensuring necessary documentation.
• High quality awareness and ability to work with constant care.
• Sensitive to cultural diversity and experience in a multicultural environment, in regard to colleagues, employees of contractors and suppliers, and other stakeholders.