?Mohammed VI Polytechnic University’s (UM6P) School of Hospitality Business & Management (SHBM) is driven by the motto “Nurturing today’s talents, Impacting Tomorrow’s Africa”. In shaping hospitality leaders, the school relies on the “Learning-By-Doing” approach. The purpose of this endeavor is to achieve sustainable development in the African tourism and hospitality sector. SHBM aims to build a comprehensive hospitality ecosystem within the modern, state-of-the-art UM6P campus located amidst the Ben Guérir Mohammed VI Green City, near Marrakech. SHBM aims to foster and cultivate the essence of hospitality education while encouraging innovation, applied research, and entrepreneurship.
SHBM is the only Associate Member of the EHL Network of Certified Schools in Morocco, a testimonial to our focus on excellence in education. École hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL) is consistently regarded as the best hospitality school in the world and thus SHBM is looking to expand on this initiative throughout Morocco and furthermore throughout Africa.
Our continued collaboration includes AHLEI and other leaders of hospitality education in order to create both a nationally and internationally renowned school
Lot 660, Hay Moulay Rachid, Ben Guerir 43150
Our Bartender will be responsible to prepare and serve drinks to guests, able to mix and match ingredients in order to build classic and create innovative drinks in accordance with guests’ needs and expectations.
At SHBM, the purpose of the Bartender is to provide the highest quality of drinks and service and give support and supervision to our students when they are learning on the job.
The Bartender should act by example in order to inspire our learners, interact perfectly with the school guests and ensure they have a great experience at the Bar.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Sets up the outlet and ensures a warm and friendly atmosphere.
· Places guests and advises them on the choice of cocktails or drinks.
· Takes orders.
· Takes part in welcoming and developing guest loyalty.
· Works independently
· Ensures good coordination of work with the service team
· Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
· Mix drinks, cocktails and other bar beverages as ordered and in compliance with hotel standard drink recipes.
· Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages.
· Service Wine and Beer to guests.
· Checks the quality and decoration of the drinks served
· Ensure guest are serviced within specified time.
· Always applies service techniques correctly at all times, and serving Beverage items with enthusiasm.
· Wash glassware and utensils after each use.
· Has a good knowledge of menu and presentation standards.
· Able to anticipate any unexpected guest need and reacts promptly and tactfully.
· Speaks with guests and staff using clear and professional language, and answer phone calls using appropriate telephone etiquette.
· Record transaction / orders in Point of Sales systems at the time of order.
· Present accurate final bill to guest and process payment.
· Control the daily bar invoicing, cash receipts, activity reports.
· Perform shift closing on the Point of sales
· Control the "Comps" for his/her outlet.
· Manage his/her stocks.
· Conducts monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
· Complete closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc
· Ensure that hygiene and safety rules are applied and respected at the bar · Take an active role in coaching and developing SHBM learners and new employees.
· Any other duties related to food and beverage service assigned by the / Mixologist Instructor / F&B Director
· Good command in both spoken French and English.
· Should have pleasing personality.
· Excellent guest service skills.
· Good knowledge of food and beverage service.
· High level of attention-to-detail.
· Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work.
Diploma or degree in F&B / Mixology industry or related field.
Previous bartending experience required in a Mid-scale or Luxury property. experience in handling Point of sale (POS) terminals and Stock & Inventory management software.