Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is an institution dedicated to research and innovation in Africa and aims to position itself among world-renowned universities in its fields The University is engaged in economic and human development and puts research and innovation at the forefront of African development. A mechanism that enables it to consolidate Morocco’s frontline position in these fields, in a unique partnership-based approach and boosting skills training relevant for the future of Africa. Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of the Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
Lot 660, Hay Moulay Rachid, Ben Guerir 43150
• Develop and manage the implementation of an overall Corporate Open Innovation strategy stream
• Leverage UM6P Entrepreneurship & Venturing Infrastructure and Programs to build Corporate Open Innovation programs proposals
• Accountable for evaluating, structuring, negotiating, and executing Open Innovation Opportunities
• Ensures compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements
• Work in conjunction with the UM6P management to close corporate contracts.
• Produce, organize, and maintain internal and external sales and marketing materials like presentation decks, case studies, competitive intelligence, and contact lists.
• Investigate and contribute to strategic decisions in relation to developing alternate monetization strategies
• Provide event production and logistical support for demo days, mentor sessions and other events.
• Work with operational staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
• Collaborate with corporate executives to ensure all corporations are engaged with the startups/ R&D Labs according to their business needs.
• Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
• Play a key role in the development and maintenance of the Entrepreneurship & Venturing Department CRM database of potential corporate partners, funders, and consultants
• Report to Senior Management Team and the Board on progress on the implementation of corporate partnerships
• Develop and support new and current partnership engagements
• Oversee and support the development of concept notes and proposals as appropriate in liaison with Finance and Program teams by managing the bid process, contributing to technical proposal development and budgeting, and developing commercial strategies for bids.
• Working closely with marketing & communications derpartments to develop familiarity with the requirements of key funders and corporates, the language used, and funding specifications to inform the preparation of excellent commercial and technical bids
• Conduct research to identify new markets and industry sectors, conducting in-depth business analysis to identifying new competitive opportunities.
• Develop and maintain key resources to support program bids including standing documents, databases of activity costs and day rates, database of financial and other relevant policies
1. Professional Experience/Qualifications
• Finance Master degree or MBA from a top tier business school
• 10 years of work experience in Corporate Finance
• Strong financial mindset and ability to build business cases
• Experience with B2B based partnerships.
• Proven track record of effectively negotiating business agreements and developing business relationships
• Comfortable with Excel, Google Docs, Salesforce CRM, Sales Navigator, and other technology solutions for driving sales.
• A passion for entrepreneurship is a must, and startup experience a plus.
• Expertise in financial analysis, modelling and deal making is essential
• Strong personal presence and self-confidence, capable of working effectively with the executive team down through all levels
• Ability to critically think and problem solve complex business challenges within their respective functions
• Exceptional analytical, strategic, and critical thinking skills essential
• Demonstrated success working both independently and in highly collaborative environments
• Excellent communication skills in English, French both written and verbal, with the will and ability to communicate with internal and external partners of all levels
• Customer-oriented mindset, sales experience, and key account management skills
• Strategic mindset, multitasking skills, and readiness for agile working environment
• Ability and willingness to travel as needed
• Ability to build a strong database of prospects and customers in the CRM
• Prospecting techniques
• Master sales techniques
• Mastering commercial negotiation
• Ability to motivate teams