Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is an institution dedicated to research and innovation in Africa and aims to position itself among world-renowned universities in its fields The University is engaged in economic and human development and puts research and innovation at the forefront of African development. A mechanism that enables it to consolidate Morocco’s frontline position in these fields, in a unique partnership-based approach and boosting skills training relevant for the future of Africa. Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of the Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
he Africa Business School (ABS) in Rabat, Morocco within Mohammed IV Polytechnic University (UM6P, Morocco) is recruiting a Cost Controller.
The Africa Business School is dedicated to creating a rigorous and inclusive center for the development of research and learning in the continent. Drawing on strong private and public support, and in partnership with Columbia University, HEC Paris, and Ecole Polytechnique, ABS aims to become a trendsetter for shaping the social and business landscape in Africa and beyond.
We are currently seeking an experienced, thorough, and insightful cost controller to oversee cost management for our entire Business Pole. In this role, you will work collaboratively with various department and school managers to analyze costs, assess vendor relationships, and maximize profitability. To succeed in this position, you will demonstrate an aptitude for efficiency, problem-solving, and resourcefulness, with a deep commitment to the bottom line without compromising quality.
Lot 660, Hay Moulay Rachid, Ben Guerir 43150
- Work in conjunction with all department heads to ensure maximum profitability
- Provide critical assessment of all budgets and cost projections
- Assess all incoming programs and project resources, and services to ensure the best price
- Maintain service provider relationships
- Remain acutely aware of market trends that could impact resource costs
- Keep up to date on new services and possible cost-cutting partnerships
- Analyze invoices to ensure correct products/services were received at the expected cost
- Collaborate with department heads to strategize ways to minimize waste
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the interdependency of cost drivers
- Understand the entire arc of the business pole and how productivity impacts profitability
- Commit to maximizing efficiency at all levels without compromising quality
- Develop and implement proactive solutions and cost-cutting measures
- Present new strategies and assessments to stakeholders in a compelling fashion
- Educate and persuade stakeholders to procure buy-in and cooperation
- Roll out clear cost-saving programs with timelines and assessment goals
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in finance or relevant field strongly preferred
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in cost control
- Management experience strongly preferred
- Exceptionally well organized with an aptitude for data
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Solid networking and interpersonal skills
- Able to generate budgets and reports
- Strong presentation skills, able to explain concepts concisely and accurately
- Able to develop strong, cooperative relationships with department heads
- Creative thinking skills and ability to solve problems
Location: ABS has its main campus in Rabat and is a part of Mohamed IV Polytechnic University (UM6P) which is in Ben Guerir, Morocco, near Marrakesh. This position will be based in Rabat.
The application must contain:
1. A Cover Letter
2. Detailed Curriculum Vitae
In your profile please upload:
3. A List of Three References
4. One Recommendation Letter