APM Terminals is a port infrastructure leader, uniquely positioned to help both shipping line and landside customers grow their business and achieve better supply chain efficiency, flexibility and dependability.
Part of A.P. Moller-Maersk, we leverage more than 100 years of industry experience to design and build high-quality container terminals.
APM Terminals MedPort Tangier is one of the most technologically advanced, efficient and safest terminals in the world. It’s ranked as a leading African port and amongst the world’s top 50 container ports worldwide.
Joining us in lifting global trade, means being part of an exceptional field, where the right combination of experience, energy and ambition are given the opportunity to advance and develop throughout their careers!
For further information, visit our website https://apmterminals.rekrute.com/
Under guidance of the Planning supervisor, this position is responsible for professional inspections of terminal equipment. Controls and inspect all equipment according to planning. Follows anomalies and prepare analysis for recurrent ones. Measure and analysis of all preventive parameters (vibration, temperature…),
- Perform visual and measurable inspections (vibration, temperature, oil analysis…) according to systematic planning and check-list of all equipment
- Check and measure the thickness of critical component and adjust if need it
- Analyze results of diagnostic and propose action plan
- Ensure preventive inspection for terminal equipment according to OEM’s instructions, benchmark, history of equipment break down
- Check proper functioning (and safety) of equipment at regular intervals
- Report the abnormalities on Equipment Journal in IFS
- Check whether PM/CM routines are correct
- Check the quality of the outsourced work
- Complete the feed-back loop to CES
- Define inspection tools and follow it reliability and calibration
- Contribute in root cause analysis
- Participate in weekly and daily Maintenance planning
- Ensure that emergency abnormalities are reported to the repair Manager.
- Carry out those duties assigned by the repair Manager
- Maintain good relationships with stakeholders
- Understand and follow the company’s safety system
- Protect one self and those around from unsafe acts.
- Actively participate in contributing to zero accidents.
- Report any unsafe acts.
- Alert to risks and unsafe acts that could result in an accident.
- Participates in safety walks and HSSE initiatives
Who we are looking for?
- Engineering or Technical degree from an Accredited university
- 2-3 years relevant work experience in an industrial machinery environment - marine port terminal preferred
- Ability to manage contracts and personnel
- Can work with a wide range of cultures and personnel
- Works shift hours
- Maintains high energy levels over long periods of time