Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is an institution dedicated to research and innovation in Africa and aims to position itself among world-renowned universities in its fields The University is engaged in economic and human development and puts research and innovation at the forefront of African development. A mechanism that enables it to consolidate Morocco’s frontline position in these fields, in a unique partnership-based approach and boosting skills training relevant for the future of Africa. Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of the Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
Lot 660, Hay Moulay Rachid, Ben Guerir 43150
As part of the development of Mohammed VI Polytechnic University, the department of entrepreneurship and venturing is seeking for an executive assistant and office manager. The Office Manager is responsible for the organization and coordination of office operations, procedures, and resources to facilitate effectiveness and efficiency for the organization. As an executive assistant, this individual will perform a wide range of administrative support activities and assistance to the Head of Department to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
- Manage & maintain Head of Department’s calendar including scheduling appointments, internal & external meetings, or conference calls.
- Coordinate Head of Department’s travel itineraries, flights, hotel accommodations, shuttles, or any travel needs.
- Draft and edit communications, correspondences, presentations, and any documents on behalf of Head of Department.
- Maintain confidential records and provide monthly expense follow-up and reconciliation with other UM6P’s departments or providers.
- Handle the department’s confidential documents: contracts, documents, invoices…
- Secure appropriate signatures and track documents through the approval process on behalf of the Head of Department
- Interact and communicate with external, internal partners and leaderships.
- Provide assistance and support such as employee onboardings, management plannings and staff communication
- Coordinating receptionist duties with other staff members to ensure that visitors or guests are greeted properly and directed to the appropriate office within the organization
- Performing a variety of clerical tasks such as typing, filing, signatures follow-up, copying documents, placing and expediting orders when necessary
Daily office management
- Oversee all daily office functions to ensure a satisfying work environment and the organization of office activities.
- Proactive daily management of administrative duties comprising of extensive travel planning and meeting schedules, arrangement and coordination of schedules and appointments across different time zones
- To bring support on administrative tasks for the team
- Manage office needs, requests, including stationary and other office supplies inventory
- To provide secretarial support, mail management, technical assessment, and logistical assistance to management and the team
- Ensure the general-purpose secretariat: mail management, ordering of supplies, filing, and archiving of documents, etc.
- To be able to ask, follow up and receipt travel endowments for management.
Reporting & Dashboards
- Contribute to activity reporting: feed dashboards, make extractions in administrative information systems
- Monitor management expenses and contribute to the preparation of the annual budget with the financial business partner
- Maintain data bases, files, and records as well as to maintain an update department contacts shared central database
- Share and provide event planning assistance to the development and program teams as needed for other events.
- Organize, feed, update databases relating to administrative management.
Logistics & Purchasing
- Ensure logistics or participate in the organization of internal events / meetings / travel upon UM6P procedures and processes.
- Coordination in national and international meetings, events, travel with duties that include planning the corresponding accommodations, menus, space set-up, shuttles, transfer for team, guests or any third parties identified by management managing to a budget, coordinating local transportation, and managing audio/visual requirements
- Be responsible for the well organization and logistical coordination, prepare meeting materials for meetings, committees, interviews
- Be responsible of purchasing order, managing, and monitoring service levels, invoice reconciliation and addressing unsatisfactory provider delivery upon UM6P’s procedures and processes
- Exceptional knowledge and experience working with PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and any other Microsoft Applications
- Ability to write professionally, have excellent command of written English, grammar, and strong proof-reading skills
- Flexibility to work with multiple personalities and with all levels of management within an organization
- Discretion, accountability, and dependability
- Super organized and a proactive problem solver
- Comfortable working autonomously and within a team
- Comfortable speaking and sensitivity toward cultural diversity
- Great public speaking skills
- Passionate, enthusiastic, team player with good judgment and an ability to work in fast paced environment
- Agile, and adapt quicky to changing needs and priorities: proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good listener, reactive and flexible
- Bachelor's degree required or a highly proven experience with references
- A minimum of 5-10 years as an executive assistant and office management
- Experience working with executive stakeholders and managing relationships across all levels of an organization
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office & Adobe
- Attention to detail is a must as well as organizational skills
- Event planning experience highly desired
- Experience with international travel arrangements & logistical management
- High level of professionalism and a strong ability to relate to people of all business levels
- Understanding of project management and the skills needed to forecast and plan ahead
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously