Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is an institution dedicated to research and innovation in Africa and aims to position itself among world-renowned universities in its fields The University is engaged in economic and human development and puts research and innovation at the forefront of African development. A mechanism that enables it to consolidate Morocco’s frontline position in these fields, in a unique partnership-based approach and boosting skills training relevant for the future of Africa. Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of the Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
Lot 660, Hay Moulay Rachid, Ben Guerir 43150
Job Title: Junior Engineer in Metallurgy
Area of specialization: Primary and secondary steelmaking processes and steel heat treatments
Duration: 1 Year
Place: UM6P – MSN Department
About MSN department
The Materials Science, Energy, and nano-engineering (MSN) is a department at Mohammed VI Polytechnic University that aims to makes use of innovative research and education in order to promote solution development and entrepreneurship (in the context of Moroccan and African challenges), while training the next generation top scientists, innovators and entrepreneurs.
Research at MSN is organized in different research clusters including Energy Transition, Surface Technology and Metallurgy, Polymers and Composites, and Sustainable Materials. With some 100 researchers and PhD students and several national and international partners, MSN is emerging as a strong actor in the Moroccan materials research scene. The department coordinates several initial and executive Master programs.
Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of the Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
The successful candidate will carry out duties to the highest standard and will:
- Undertake original research on novel materials for metallurgical applications.
- Follow and then develop research objectives for their own project.
- Have a strong desire to work with both academia and industrial partners
- Communicate to the academic team the development, progress and results of industrial R&D activities ensuring that relevant information and issues in the implementation of projects/experiments are captured in as comprehensive and timely manner as possible.
- Establish collaborative links between Academics and Industrial partners in ARC-metallurgy related program areas to gain exposure to and build knowledge on both experimental/research activities and Industrial approaches, to improve conceptual Lab to Fab development and its industrial implementation.
Candidate PROFILE :
- An engineer degree in materials science, or chemical engineering, or physical-chemistry or related subject.
- An internship in metallurgy (or related subject) is requested.
- Knowledge on the steelmaking process implemented in industry.
- Knowledge on physical and chemical characterization of steels and related techniques.
- Excellent writing and oral communications in both English and French languages.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
- Good organizational skills.
- Proven work experience in industry or academia is requested.
- Proven experience working with multidisciplinary teams mixing scientists and engineers from both academia and industries is requested.
- Strong desire to develop new concepts and industrial solutions.
- Ability to generate new ideas, links, and builds upon existing ones to generate unique concepts and industrial solutions.