Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is an institution dedicated to research and innovation in Africa and aims to position itself among world-renowned universities in its fields The University is engaged in economic and human development and puts research and innovation at the forefront of African development. A mechanism that enables it to consolidate Morocco’s frontline position in these fields, in a unique partnership-based approach and boosting skills training relevant for the future of Africa. Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of the Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
Lot 660, Hay Moulay Rachid, Ben Guerir 43150
MSN / UM6P is looking for Fuel Cell Engineer who will design, develop, construct, modify, and test fuel cells and electrochemical systems.
The successful candidate will carry out duties to the highest standard and will:
- Undertake material synthesis and characterization within a collaborative research and applied projects, design and test electrochemical systems including fuel cells, and electrolysis.
- Collaborates with suppliers, support staff, and other engineers, PhD students to plan and implement experiments on different component of the fuel cell (electrodes, membranes, catalyst, water and gas management, etc)
- Sets up testing methods, instruments and perform data acquisition for of different component of the fuel cell.
- Validate different component of the fuel cell
- Write reports and proposal related to the project
- Calculate cost and environmental impact of the fuel cell
- Keep a technological watch on emerging technology and materials and competitive by actively attending meetings or conferences, reading current scientific publications, and research reports, books, etc.
- Communicate to the team the development, progress and results of research activities ensuring that relevant information and issues in the implementation of projects/experiments are captured in as comprehensive and timely manner as possible.
- Identify areas of improvement within the research structure using integrated management approaches in pursuit of capacity building/strengthening and the preservation of scientific rigor in the project.
- Support if required, other research projects.
Candidate PROFILE :
- Excellent commands in variety of software related to cell and reactor design, process modeling, microfluidics, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent skills and understanding in physics and chemistry of materials
- Good skills in electrochemistry and materials characterization (polymers, ceramics, nanomaterials)
- Thorough understanding in fuel cell technologies and hydrogen uses.
- Good skills in polymer science, polymer characterization and modification or/and membranes science and membrane characterization.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
- Proven and distinct work experiences in industries and similar topics are highly requested.
- Proven ability of working with industrial partners to reach their objectives timely.
engineer or Master’s degree in Engineering, materials science or similar field required, doctorate preferred. At least 2 years of experience in similar domain required.