Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is an institution dedicated to research and innovation in Africa and aims to position itself among world-renowned universities in its fields The University is engaged in economic and human development and puts research and innovation at the forefront of African development. A mechanism that enables it to consolidate Morocco’s frontline position in these fields, in a unique partnership-based approach and boosting skills training relevant for the future of Africa. Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of the Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
Lot 660, Hay Moulay Rachid, Ben Guerir 43150
Mohammed VI Polytechnic University
Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is an institution dedicated to research and innovation in Africa and aims to position itself among world-renowned universities in its fields
The University is engaged in economic and human development and puts research and innovation at the forefront of African development. A mechanism that enables it to consolidate Morocco's frontline position in these fields, in a unique partnership-based approach and boosting skills training relevant for the future of Africa.
Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of the Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
Mazagan Institute of Technology
OCP Has planned to structure and accelerate its innovation agenda and to convert the solutions invented by UM6P and its partners into industrial solutions. OCP has set up several pilot plants (fertilizer plant, phosphoric acid, trace elements, flotation, etc.) on its industrial sites to improve the production of industrial processes, solve current problems by shedding light on the science and mechanistics and improve the quality of its products. These pilot plants have been transferred to the Mohammed 6 Polytechnic University so that they are more structured and effectively managed according to the needs of OCP and the research and development programs of UM6P and the needs of other potential customers. Hence the need for an applied research institute, Mazagan Institute of Technology, which is a key step in helping OCP achieve its goal of staying ahead in this competitive environment. As well as strengthening the know-how of UM6P in the field of applied research and development, TRL greater than 3. This institute will be based at the OCP site in Jorf Lasfar chemical complex and will contribute to the strengthening of the Moroccan industrial landscape and to the success African and international industries.
The Mazagan Institute of Technology is an applied R&D center of UM6P that focuses on scaling up technologies to bridge the gap between academia and industry. It will serve national and international clients and is collaborating with key leaders in the field of applied R&D.
Successful projects are selected based on mutual interest with research institutes, universities and the development needs of industrial partners.
The main areas of activity will be, but not limited to:
• Chemical and biotechnological processes
• Urban mining
• Material processing technology
• Sustainable energy systems
The Mazagan Institute of Technology will also provide various services to local, national, African and international industry such as:
• Incubation of start-ups as a research platform;
• Support for entrepreneurship;
• Support for SMEs;
• Technical expertise;
• Launch of Joint Ventures.
Reporting to the Institute Director, the lab manager will carry out the listed assignments in each of the following categories:
- Engage in planning, organizing, and overseeing the daily operations of the analytical and testing laboratories.
- Oversee the operations of different research and development analytical and testing laboratories in the field of chemistry, biochemistry and green energy.
- Ensure that laboratories operate smoothly and safely.
- Maintain HSE standards, handle HSE documents and ensure that all information and data collected in the lab is kept safe.
- Draft Standard operational procedures (SOPs) if needed for certain equipment
- Take responsibility for all aspects of the labs, including equipment, supplies, software and documentation.
- Schedule labs and equipment use time for staff.
- Purchase lab supplies and prepare ordering lists and maintain the needed type and quantities of chemicals for normal operation
- Manage the labs internal and external reporting
- Plan and monitor an annual budget for laboratory
- Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements, budgets, and schedules
- Establish and improve procedures and processes by addressing issues and risks
- Ensure the lab establishes and maintains a calibration program for testing and analytical equipment
- Ensure that environmental requirements are met at the national and international levels
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure effective sustainable improvement of the lab system of management
- Review and set up maintenance contracts for equipment
- Manage a team of approximately 20 individuals to ensure successful projects and daily activities completion while adhering to applicable regulations, standards and processes.
- Develop and implement employees schedule based on workload and project priorities.
- Ensure the safety of the employees and equipment
- Develop and supervise on-site training and coaching sessions for the lab employees and assist on the correct use of lab equipment.
- Ensure the employees follows industry standards and safety regulations for handling and disposing of test samples.
- Mentor and discipline lab employees.
- Utilize proven employee management solutions to improve productivity and efficiency
- Hire, coach, review, supervise assigned employees
- Work closely with internal clients including, scientists, post docs, engineers, students in internships and technicians in order to address work program requirements, conduct sample analysis, supervise laboratory scale testing and facilitate specialized and prototypical testing in a pilot plant operation.
- Coordinate the R&D activities with the scientists and researchers and be involved in the ongoing projects
- Work closely with other team members to provide effective solutions to support business and quality objectives
- Facilitate effective communication across internal departments by trending and reporting data
- Oversee the construction of the laboratories and installation of the machines and equipment.
- Manage the labs equipment purchasing in collaboration of the involved partners
- Hire the personnel and set up the laboratories organizational structure
- Set up contracts for the maintenance of the current equipment of the analytical laboratory
- Lead the current lab technicians to ensure reliable testing is performed
- Master's degree in chemistry, biochemistry or related field. A minimum of 15 years of experience in similar field with 3+ years of team management experience in analytical and or testing laboratories
- Familiar with ISO/IEC 17025, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards
- Effective data trending, document control, and technical bench skills
- Strong problem-solving, training, team building and mentoring abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Familiar with organizational softwares (SAP, ….)
- Strong leadership skills are required.
- Good understanding of chemical analysis techniques and reporting standards
- Required computer skills include Microsoft Office software, particularly Word and Excel, as well as experience using Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
- Good English and French written and speaking skills are required.
- International experience in a laboratory is highly recommended