Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is an institution dedicated to research and innovation in Africa and aims to position itself among world-renowned universities in its fields The University is engaged in economic and human development and puts research and innovation at the forefront of African development. A mechanism that enables it to consolidate Morocco’s frontline position in these fields, in a unique partnership-based approach and boosting skills training relevant for the future of Africa. Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of the Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
Lot 660, Hay Moulay Rachid, Ben Guerir 43150
Located at the heart of the future Green City of Benguerir, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P), a higher education institution with an international standard, is established to serve Morocco and the African continent. Its vision is honed around research and innovation at the service of education and development. This unique nascent university, with its state-of-the-art campus and infrastructure, has woven a sound academic and research network, and its recruitment process is seeking high quality academics and professionals in order to boost its quality-oriented research environment in the metropolitan area of Marrakech.
The Chemical & Biochemical Sciences. Green Process Engineering (CBS) is a component of the University Mohammed VI Polytechnic (UM6P). The main goal of CBS is to set up an unprecedented research-education program, of international level, to address the UM6P challenges in terms of research and education, with a special focus on green and environmental chemistry applied to all aspects of chemical sciences: organic and inorganic chemistry, analytic chemistry, chemical biology, biochemical and thermal reactions.
Research within CBS is organized around several major areas, that aim to answer challenging industrial questions, from basic chemical and biochemical reactions to scale-up and process engineering validation. CBS projects aim to deeply understand the molecular mechanisms of all transformations to propose new original alternatives in terms of efficiency, greenness, and sustainability.
Area of specialization: inorganic chemistry and analytical chemistry
The Chemical & Biochemical Sciences. Green Process Engineering (CBS) at Mohammed VI Polytechnic University invites applications, under 1 year limited-term contract, for a laboratory technician.
The appointee will have to develop novel approach for vanadium recuperation from spent catalysts and its valorization.
The position is open to individuals with solid knowledge in:
- Analytical chemistry with experience in textural and structural characterisation
- Expertise working with valorisation of vanadium from spent catalysts
- Experience in devising and performing experimental plans including the use of statistical tools for data analysis and interpretation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to concisely report results to a variety of audiences and ensure key results, conclusions and decisions are well documented.
- Commissioning and storing chemicals
- Synthesis of novel catalytic formulation (sol-get, cp-precipitation…etc)
- Material characterizations (Textural and structural characterization, redox properties…etc).
- Analysis and interpretation of results
Application procedures and deadlines
Submit by email an application consisting of:
- CV (max. 2 pages)
- Motivation letter (max. 1 page)
- Master’s degree
- At least1 recommendation letters, or contact information for two professional references