APM Terminals is a port infrastructure leader, uniquely positioned to help both shipping line and landside customers grow their business and achieve better supply chain efficiency, flexibility and dependability.
Part of A.P. Moller-Maersk, we leverage more than 100 years of industry experience to design and build high-quality container terminals.
APM Terminals Med Port Tangier is one of the most technologically advanced, efficient and safest terminals in the world. It’s ranked as a leading African port and amongst the world’s top 50 container ports worldwide. Located at Tangier Med 2 port complex, we have officially launched the operations on June the 28th, 2019, and we have been bringing experienced and young talents since 2016.
Joining us in lifting global trade, means being part of an exceptional field, where the right combination of experience, energy and ambition are given the opportunity to advance and develop throughout their careers!
For further information, visit our website : https://www.apmterminals.com/en/careers/vacancies
Zone Franche, Ksar Al Majaz Oued R’Mel, Commune Anjra, Route de Fenideq
• Under guidance of the Execution Manager this position supervises a group of foremen, quay crane checkers, operators & drivers ensuring subordinates perform their jobs efficiently, safely and in a timely manner.
• With an emphasis on operations on the quay, yard and gates, the position ensures effective and timely coordination of various activities which contribute to the achievement of targeted productivity.
• Manage, motivate and instruct operational team members
• Structure tasks and goals, and establish efficient courses of action, set priorities, organise information, efficiently execute daily tasks with considerations for high productivity through the effective allocation and utilisation of equipment and labour.
• Responsible under the direction of the Execution Manager for the allocation and control of shift operational staff and the effective utilization of equipment resources to meet planned objectives
• Responsible for maintaining a satisfactory level of staff discipline during the shift and report to Execution Manager in cases of any violations.
• Ensure that safe working practices according to TM2 policies and procedures are strictly adhered to
• Supervise vessel berthing / sailing and mooring gang operations.
• Act as focal point to the vessel, yard and gate for any stevedoring issues
• Coordinate the allocation of outsourced shuttle carriers operators and provide adequate supervision
• Allocation of lashing gangs to specific vessels and responsibility for ensuring unlashing/lashing work is done according to the work plan and to a satisfactory standard.
• Ensure lashing staff are adequately and timely deployed to the lashing platform in coordination with the lashing foreman
• Inform and liaise with shift IT staff on equipment IT issue/ failure
• Regular personal contact with ships officers and crew during berthing / sailing and vessel operations.
• Supervise and ensure smooth execution of gates activities and diligently manage exceptions with the gate manager
• “Hot seat” handover policy has to be maintained at all the times to ensure continuous and smooth operations.
• Coordinate adjustment to load/discharge sequence as necessary with the vessel planner in order to maximize production
• Provide regular process control checks and initiate and support performance improvement activities.
• Undertake all duties and responsibilities in accordance with APM Terminals Code of Conduct.
• Requires a master’s degree or engineering degree in logistics, business administration or any relevant field
• 3-5 years of previous leadership experience involving on the field work with large amount of workers/labour
• Requires the ability to work well under pressure for long hours
• Requires a high level of planning and organizational skills.
• Must be computer literate and continuous improvement driven
• Previous experience in the port environment is an advantage
• Holding a valid driving license
• Requires good verbal and written communications skills in English and French as well as fluency in the local language.
• Requires good interpersonal skills to interact across section of the company’s departments, at all levels, and with subcontractors