The Faculty of Governance, Economic and Social Sciences (FGSES-UM6P) is a higher education and research institution with a dual mission: to provide initial and executive training in the humanities and social sciences focused on public policy and the specific issues it raises in Morocco and on the African continent; and to conduct cutting-edge research on these public policies and issues.
The FGSES is recruiting one (1) Program Officer - Digitalization (M/F).
FGSES's Office of Support and Coordination invites you to bring your expertise to our team.
Lot 660, Hay Moulay Rachid, Ben Guerir 43150
You will be working with other members of the Office of Support and Coordination on:
• Collaborating closely with members of the FGSES community to support various projects, delivering effective solutions that align with the Office of Support and Coordination's mission. This includes optimizing work processes and enhancing the experiences of students, professors, and staff across educational, operational, and execution activities.
• Leveraging low-code development platforms to design and develop intuitive applications. This effort further supports the optimization of work processes and the overall user experience.
• Providing support in system architecture, configuration, administration, and functionality to extend digital capabilities across the organization. This role plays a crucial part in fostering synergies and maximizing the effective use of digital tools across all FGSES activities.
• Continually identifying areas and processes that could benefit from the better utilization of available tools, platforms, and data analytics skills. This includes using data visualization tools like Power BI and Power BI Report Builder to drive efficiencies and improve workflows.
• Championing continuous process improvement within FGSES. This involves monitoring technological developments, integrating relevant advancements into existing processes and activities, and ensuring community members are adequately upskilled and comfortable with new technologies.
• Utilizing skills in database design, management, and data analytics to facilitate decision-making and process optimization within the FGSES community. This includes overseeing data warehousing and modeling, generating insightful reports using data visualization tools, and effectively communicating data-driven insights.
We’re looking for candidates who have some of the skills below. Partial lack in some of the skills can be compensated with strong technical fundamentals, good intuition, the ability to
adapt and learn quickly and on the fly, as well as an openness to feedback.
Database Design and Management:
• Data warehousing, data modeling, and database architecture. Specific experience with Microsoft Dataverse is a plus.
Data Analytics and Reporting:
• Data analytics, including experience with data visualization tools. Specific experience with Power BI and Power BI Report Builder is a plus.
• Good intuition in creating reports and communicating data insights effectively.
• Skills in low-code development for small-scale, internal usage apps. Specific experience with Power Apps is a plus.
Soft Skills and Behavioral Competencies:
• The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, is essential for this position. You’ll need to be able to clearly and concisely explain technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
• You’ll be working closely with a variety of stakeholders, including your immediate teammates as well as faculty, staff, and students. You will need to be able to collaborate effectively with others to achieve common goals.
• You’ll be responsible for identifying and solving problems across a host of activities and specialties. You’ll need to be able to think critically and creatively to come up with solutions that meet the needs of the community.
• You’ll be responsible for ensuring the accuracy, quality and security of data and reports. You’ll need to be attentive to detail, self-critical, and open to feedback and continuous development.
• English and French