APM Terminals operates one of the world’s most comprehensive port and integrated inland service networks and continues investing in new business opportunities as well as upgrading current facilities. Project Execution (PE) is the function responsible for developing and implementing the strategy for project implementations, governance and standards to be used in the APM Terminals wide organization and is directly responsible for large CAPEX driven projects including Greenfields , major expansion as well as upgrades and retrofits to existing facilities.
We will soon kick off significant capital expansion project at our existing operation in Tangier, Morocco. The goal of the project is to both grow the existing container terminal business for APM Terminals TM2 as well as expand the business value and proposition for entire West Med.
Zone Franche, Ksar Al Majaz Oued R’Mel, Commune Anjra, Route de Fenideq
Delivering an integrated, commissioned and working terminal to the operations team is an important value driver within APM Terminals. Failure to deliver the asset(s) within scope, on time and budget hurts APM Terminals long term. Equally, being able to improve on the original plans for a project secures incremental value for APMT Terminals.
The objective of this position is to supervise on-site the civil works and all civil infrastructure and packages within the TM2-E project scope.
The civil supervisor reports to the Project Civil Manager. The person in this role is responsible for supervising the works, monitoring the quality and the progress of the works, ensuring an excellent communication on-site between the Client, Contractor(s) and the PMC team and by making sure that all parties on-site have access to the right level of information required to carry out the works according to the contractual technical specifications. Generally, the civil supervisor provides technical and engineering support and advice to the construction work, responds to technical queries, reviews technical documents, and follows up to rectify the site issues including HSSE related issues.
Overall responsibilities are the following:
• Understand the project requirements.
• Act on HSSE standards.
• Participate to site reviews prior to the start of construction activities and verify documentation is available for construction start.
• Monitor and report on the quality of the works.
• Monitor and coordinate the progress of the construction activities.
• Prepare reports on a regular basis.
• Review and respond to field technical queries, preparing, submitting and follow-up of RFIs concerning his/her field of expertise.
• Provides technical support to Field Personal and Contractors' regarding interpretation of design documents and procedures within their field of experience.
• Provide technical assistance to QA/QC and Project Controls to ensure contractors and suppliers have satisfied all technical requirements for their respective scopes.
• Follow up the Technical input, review and complete all Field Change Notices and Non-Conformance reports.
• Participate as Technical Expert during audit for discipline related activities.
• Review and comment on contractor's method statements.
• Identifies and elevates potential changes in contract scope.
• Provides Construction Engineering input to the Project Completion Report
• Supports control at site, technical approvals and problem resolution
• Monitors the progress and review of “As Built” Drawings. Audits the Contractor’s ‘As-Built’ drawing records.
Who we are looking for
• University or bac +4/5 - State engineer diploma or equivalent in civil engineering or construction management.
• Proven track record of civil supervision in construction, technical, maintenance, port industry sectors for at least 3-5 years (3 years in construction industry)
• Experience and understanding of complex construction projects when representing the client organisation.
• Excellent communication skills
• Understanding of cultural differences
• Team player and problem-solving skills
• Hands on, organisation, supervising and directing civil activities on site
• Outside site works (80% outside site supervision / 20% office work)
• Possible shift hours work
• Sound knowledge of building codes and construction HSSE regulations.
• Working knowledge of construction tools and equipment
• Excellent English, French and Arabic verbal and written communication skills is a must.