Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is an institution dedicated to research and innovation in Africa and aims to position itself among world-renowned universities in its fields The University is engaged in economic and human development and puts research and innovation at the forefront of African development. A mechanism that enables it to consolidate Morocco’s frontline position in these fields, in a unique partnership-based approach and boosting skills training relevant for the future of Africa. Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of the Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
Lot 660, Hay Moulay Rachid, Ben Guerir 43150
Job Title: Project Management Partner
The Sustainable Materials Research Center (SUSMAT - RC) is seeking applications for an experienced Project Manager Partner. Candidates should hold at least a master’s degree or equivalent (bac +5) in business management preferably with a scientific background, or a at least a Master degree in any STEM field with a minimum of 5 years of experience in project management. Under the responsibility of the SusMat RC Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the research project portfolio of SUSMAT – RC by assisting all principal investigators in the management of their projects.
Under the responsibility of the Director of SUSMAT - RC, the successful candidate is expected to:
- Be the contact person for external stakeholders and partners for R&D projects
- Establish good working relationships with external partners and stakeholders including research institutions, industry partners, and government agencies,
- Assist the PIs in the definition, preparation, and submission of research proposals
- Assist in the coordination of consortia in the organization of proposal applications and in the implementation of projects
- Monitor the progress of the projects and provide the necessary administrative/financial/contractual support in collaboration with internal services
- Contribute to the drafting of progress reports
- Manage the exchanges and project deliveries with the external partners
- Collect the necessary information for the billing, account closing, statements, and reports addressed to the partners and internal services
- Put in place and maintain project documentation and update information systems
- Organize and prepare project-related meetings as well as the closing and archiving of projects
- Prepare dashboards and reports for the monitoring of the handled projects portfolio
- Participate in the audits of projects
- Contribute to the definition, implementation, and application of new procedures and project management tools
The application folder must contain:
- A cover letter outlining the candidate's motivation for the position,
- A detailed curriculum vitae,
- Any document deemed relevant,
- Contact information of three professional references
Located at the heart of the Green City of Benguerir, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P), a higher education institution with an international standard, was established to serve Morocco and the African continent and to advance applied research and innovation. This unique university, with state-of-the-art infrastructure, has woven an extensive academic and research network, and its recruitment process is seeking outstanding academics and professionals to promote Morocco and Africa’s innovation ecosystem.
While OCP group, a world leader in fertilizer production, is a privileged client for the University, a growing portfolio of clients is driving the development of a rich R&D ecosystem around the university. UM6P enjoys ample research funding, moderate teaching load, and excellent facilities. The university promotes multidisciplinary R&D, entrepreneurship, and collaboration with external institutions and clients with the aim of advancing the Moroccan and African economies. Furthermore, UM6P o?ers highly competitive incentives to its current and future talented research staff.
The Sustainable Materials Research Center (SusMat - RC) is a multidisciplinary research center engaged in the development of advanced biobased products and materials thereof using biotechnological, physical, and chemical conversion strategies and engineering processes (b) understanding and controlling their underlying specific functionalities and the structure-properties relationship acting over multiple length scales from the molecular, nano to the macro level and their cross-interactions and (c) utilizing the gathered knowledge and the invented materials to address key technological challenges in Morocco and African continent and assist the transition toward a green and circular economy.
- Educational background:
- Holds at least a Master degree in any scientific field including, but not limited to, polymer science and engineering, materials science and engineering, chemical engineering, chemical sciences, analytical sciences, physical sciences, biological sciences, agricultural sciences, or related areas from a recognized university.
- Or hold a master degree or equivalent (bac +5) in business management preferably with a scientific background
- Experience and Skills:
- Relevant working experiences in science: be familiar with the research environment, the rules of the research funding and the forms of intellectual property protection,
- Have at least 5 years of professional experience in conducting scientific projects
- Demonstrated experience in using scientific and technological search engines and tools to consult scientific and technological databases
- Demonstrated ability to investigate/extract/analyze/interpret/assess scientific and technological data
- Experience in the submission and management of R&D projects
- Experience in market analysis is considered as an asset
- Have completed training in project management techniques, methods, and tools are considered as an asset
- Have good knowledge in financial project management and accounting
- Evidence of collaboration with national and/or international institutions,
- Familiarity with the institutional and industrial ecosystem of Morocco,
- Awareness of the African research landscape,
- Personal Attributes
- Be autonomous and detail-oriented, possess strong organizational and coordination skills
- A customer-oriented service and solution-oriented approaches are essential
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a good team player
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals, including university professors, industry executives, entrepreneurs, etc
- Successfully manage stressful situations and priorities, meet deadlines, have a positive attitude to deal with them
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects at any given time.
- Strong initiative, self-motivated, and focused on achieving quality outputs
- Fluent in English and French, both spoken and written