Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is an institution dedicated to research and innovation in Africa and aims to position itself among world-renowned universities in its fields The University is engaged in economic and human development and puts research and innovation at the forefront of African development. A mechanism that enables it to consolidate Morocco’s frontline position in these fields, in a unique partnership-based approach and boosting skills training relevant for the future of Africa. Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of the Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
Lot 660, Hay Moulay Rachid, Ben Guerir 43150
About the College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences (CAES)
The CAES is a component of the Science & Technology pole of the UM6P. It constitutes of a structure of higher education and practical-based research with a vision of solving real African agriculture challenges leveraging up to date science and technology.
Oriented towards Africa, CAES acts in connection with a wide network of universities and research centers around the continent in order to link real field issues with up-to-date science.
CAES is composed of:
- School of Agriculture (ESAFE)
- Agrobioscience (AgBS)
- Center of Excellence for Soil and Fertilizer Research in Africa (CESFRA)
- African Innovation and Technology Transfer Center (AITTC).
- International Water Research Institute (IWRI)
- Center for Remote Sensing Application (CRSA)
- Chair Soil Science
- Al Moutmir
- African Sustainable Agriculture Research Institute (ASARI)
About Agrobioscience (AgBS)
Agrobioscience (AgBS) vision is to work for a sustainable food and nutrition security and safety and strengthening the capacity of African researchers in the fields of plant sciences and natural resources. It is based on the collaboration and synergy of several research programs targeting diverse disciplines of research in agriculture, organized in 3 sub-programs:
- Crop Improvement and Plant Health
- Natural Resources and by-Products Valorization
- Plant-Soil Microbiome
As part of the human resource development of the AgroBioSciences program, it is urgently required to recruit a Project Manager Officer to manage project portfolios that AgBS is coordinating with prestigious national and international research organizations and universities as well as other projects under development. The key responsibilities are presented below:
• Establish the standards for the various ongoing projects: guidelines, practices, principles and templates.
• Ensure project management standards are followed by performing continuous assessments and evaluation of projects.
• Gathering and centralizing project data and production of information for management review.
• Follow up with various PIs, Postdocs, PhD students, finance, HR and legal persons and departments and guide in light on the projects needs
• Coordinate between the stakeholders and partners.
• Coordinate the preparation of progress reports.
• Coordinate the organization of meetings and workshops.
• Handle additional tasks, if any, assigned by the AgBS management committee.
1. Ability to motivate and encourage others to manage projects in accordance with project
management best practices and established procedures and guidelines.
2. Ability to operate within uncertainty and incomplete information availability while making
reasonable and most appropriate decisions.
3. Ability to anticipate and perform problem solving
4. Ability to clearly, concisely and accurately report on project progress and outcomes to the
partnership unit designated person.
5. Ability to promptly address complex projects and situations across all the units collaborate with.
6. Managing financial, capital and human resources following best practice and established
7. Ability to build a project management matrix and framework to support the achievement of the
8. Mastery of Software, Microsoft Office and Project Management Platforms
Applications and selection procedure:
Applications are to be sent on the hiring platform. Application folder must contain:
- Cover letter outlining experience, achievements and how the candidate’s profile relates to the required position;
- Two referee contacts (Email address and phone number)
- Curriculum vitae ;
The successful candidate is expected to start in November 2023. The position is in open at Benguerir Campus.
Education, qualifications and experience
• Engineer or master’s degree in management or related field
• Proven skills in project management
• Skills in Management of Portfolios
• Skills in Management of Value, and Management of Risk in Research linked projects
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as a project manager (preferably in an academic or related institution)
• Excellent communication skills including written and oral presentation skills in French and English language.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Strong decision-making skills.
• Very Effective time management.
• Strong Problem-solving skills.
• Self-motivated and work under minimum to no supervision