Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is an institution dedicated to research and innovation in Africa and aims to position itself among world-renowned universities in its fields The University is engaged in economic and human development and puts research and innovation at the forefront of African development. A mechanism that enables it to consolidate Morocco’s frontline position in these fields, in a unique partnership-based approach and boosting skills training relevant for the future of Africa. Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of the Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
Lot 660, Hay Moulay Rachid, Ben Guerir 43150
Duration: Fixed term of 6 months, with a possibility of renewal.
Position description and mission: Under the direction of the Program Lead, the candidate will be responsible primarily for retrieving and organizing biological data from global databases for synthesis and interpretation through meta-data analysis. Preparation of datasets and other digital resources for open science dissemination through collaborative networks.
- Gather the data from peer-reviewed articles, reports and technical bulletins, as defined by the research team;
- Define and maintain the database
- Organize the data for optimal retrieval in structured and unstructured analyses;
- Make updates as required to add missing data and correct errors;
- Select data for analysis according to the PRISMA procedures for Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses;
- Use appropriate statistical software such as SAS, Stata, R or Matlab to interpret and synthesize the findings in response to scientific questions, as defined by the research team;
- Prepare tables, graphics, illustrations and written texts that explain the findings of the meta-data analysis;
- Organize digital data and other digital resources in formats that are suitable for dissemination, according to open science principles;
- Enthusiasm for empirical research involving biological systems
- Strong knowledge of software used for database management such as Excel or SQL
- Experience in programming of at least one statistical software such as SAS, Stata, R or Matlab
- Able to judge the quality of data according to PRISMA procedure
The selected candidate should have:
- Masters degree in Data Science, Biostatistics, Applied Mathematics or equivalent training.
- Or a Engineering degree in Statistics, Data Management or similar disciplines.
- Good mastery of English.
- Previous research experience a plus.