About Mohammed VI polytechnic University (UM6P)
Located at the heart of the future Green City of Benguerir, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P), a higher education institution with international standards, is established to contribute to the development of Morocco and the African continent. Its vision is honed around research and innovation at the service of education and development. This unique nascent university, with its state-of-the-art campus and infrastructure, has woven a sound academic and research network, and its recruitment process is seeking high quality academics and professionals in order to boost its quality-oriented research environment in the metropolitan area of Marrakech.
About MSN department
The Materials Science, Energy, and nano-engineering (MSN) is a department at Mohammed VI University that aims to makes use of innovative research in different domains. In order to carry out this high-level research activity, the department has a first-rate laboratory infrastructure and a laboratory management system. The platform is equipped with advanced material synthesis and characterization equipment.
In order to improve the procedures for using the various equipment used in the characterization of materials, we are recruiting a research engineer who will be responsible for the following tasks:
Lot 660, Hay Moulay Rachid, Ben Guerir 43150
Main tasks include:
- Develop procedures and processes related to the use of different equipment and other related research activities performed in the laboratories
- Ensure proper organization of use, including reservation of equipment, sample preparation, analysis, interpretation and data retrieval
- Assist and/or carry out analyzes using SEM, XRD, Raman spectroscopy and XRF equipments
- Provide training to colleagues on the use of equipments
- Supervise the use of equipment and maintains a preventive maintenance program for all equipment.
- Resolve equipment issues in a timely manner, and escalate issues as needed
- Contribute to supervision of experimental work related to the MSN training (education) programs
- Maintain a comprehensive set of records for equipment use, purchases and parts inventory in collaboration with Warehouse responsible, condition of equipment, repair costs and preventative maintenance.
- Develop equipment specifications in collaboration with other researchers
- Ensure the operationality of the synthesis methods and instruments involved in the projects
- Development of the laboratory's expertise in the valorization of Moroccan natural resources (oil shale, phosphate, clay ...)
- Writing of synthesis reports, articles, patents, etc.
- Ensure interactions with UM6P-MSN purchasing and suppliers.
- Monitor the inventory of laboratory equipment, products, and consumables.
- A PhD, or equivalent in chemistry or materials science or in related fields
- Advanced theoretical and practical knowledge of material characterization equipment like SEM, XRD, XRF, Raman Spectroscopy
- Scientific knowledge in the material science, physical or chemical field in which the activity of the entity falls
- In-depth knowledge of Moroccan natural resources (oil shale, phosphate, clay ...) and sustainable materials.
- Demonstrate more than 3 years of successfully managing characterization techniques in a laboratory environment
- Industrial experience is an asset.
- Quality assurance and metrology: good command of laboratory practices
- Ability to work as part of a highly-collaborative research teams
- Good command of oral and written English and French
How to apply
Interested individuals are encouraged to submit an application online via the 'Apply Now' link and include:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Name and contact information of three referees