The First National Operation and Maintenance Company “NOMAC” was founded in 2005 and firmly established in the GCC, in Middle and East Europe, and in North and South of Africa. NOMAC is providing high quality O&M (Operation & Maintenance) services for power production and water desalination projects, regionally and worldwide. Supported by accelerated global expansion, NOMAC is enabled to draw near to realize its vision of being the leading global O&M service provider in the power production and water desalination sectors. In Morocco, Nomac is implemented since 2014, and operating and maintaing differents projects, overall Morocco; Noor1 CSP plant (160 Mw), Noor2 CSP plant (200 Mw), both located in Ouarzazate, KHALLADI wind farm (120 Mw) in Tanger, and the 3 Noor PV plants (120 Mw) located in Ouarzazate, Laayoune and Boujdour .
NOMAC is looking to reinforce its chemistry team by recruiting an interim Shift Chemist.
Position Title: Interim Shift Chemist
To conduct lab analysis, test samples, evaluate results and support in the establishment of plant operational parameters, in order to ensure efficient testing and sampling in compliance with NOMAC’s policies, quality standards and HSE procedures.
Reporting to: Chief Chemist
- Receive, check and register samples to ensure appropriate tests and analysis are undertaken and develop reports on the test results in an accurate and timely manner according to planned schedules to meet end user requirements.
- Keep abreast and have an understanding of the regulatory requirements pertaining to environmental compliance, chemical used in the plant, MSDS, plant P&IDs, SOPs, Work instructions, as well as the emergency operation procedures and any other related documents, so as to ensure compliance with the standards and norms.
- Interpret results of tests to help establish optimum operational parameters, both for current operations and to maintain the integrity of the plant over the longer term.
- Provide process related assistance to the Operations team on matters affecting plant process and performance in order to maximize yield as per the quality guidelines.
- Provide support in internal / external Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental audits, in order to effectively implement corrective actions suggested by the team.
- Confirm the yearly third party calibration of lab instruments as per IMS requirements to ensure that equipment is kept in a safe and efficient working condition.
- Investigate and submit recommendations to Chief Chemist on various operational problems related to the chemical and physical analysis to acquire data for process control and verification of quality.
- Maintain adequate stock of all chemicals consumables (bulk and fine chemicals, glassware, etc.) and, dosing and testing equipment in the plant, to ensure timely availability and uninterrupted laboratory services.
- Contribute in the identification and implementation of change initiatives, programmes and projects in line with the organisation’s standards.
Policies, Processes, Systems & Procedures
- Adhere to all relevant organisational and departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out to the required standard and in a consistent manner.
Health, Safety, Security & Environment
- Adhere to all relevant health, safety, security and environmental procedures, instructions and controls so that the safety of employees and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
- Perform any other duties which the line manager may require to be carried out.
Communication & working relationships:
Internal: Needs to work closely with Chief Chemist, Operators, Maintenance team
Salary and benefit in kind:
- Monthly gross salary : Confidential
- Kind of contract : Outsourced Tectra
- Transportation from/to the plant: taking in charge by the company.
Qualifications, Experience & skills:
- Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor degree holder in Chemistry or Chemical
- Minimum Experience: 2 years’ experience in a Laboratory function within a reputed Plant preferably within the power and water desalination.
- Time Management
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Planning and Organizing
- Operations Systems Knowledge
- Detailed understanding of the Chemical and Environmental matters associated power and Desalination plant.
- Certified Environmental and Safety Qualification
- In-depth knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of environmental and health impact of chemicals being used in the plant