APM Terminals operates one of the world’s most comprehensive port and integrated inland service networks and continues investing in new business opportunities as well as upgrading current facilities. We will soon kick off significant capital expansion project at our existing operation in Tangier, Morocco. The goal of the project is to both grow the existing container terminal business for APM Terminals TM2 as well as expand the business value and proposition for entire West Med.
- Provide TOS support from installation and configuration to user handling, to ensure system availability, and proper software functioning.
- Support TOS integration with Third parties automated systems.
- Ensure TOS administration and Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best.
In this international assignment, we offer you market competitive compensation and benefits package and an opportunity to join an organization that offers a challenging and rewarding career where everyone’s contribution is valued and rewarded.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Insure availability of TOS by executing, testing and enhancing backup and recovery strategy.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
- Ensure Data availability and accessibility by all the concerned parties
- Perform system upgrade, maintenance and correction of identified defects.
- Create and maintain TOS documentation using defined technical documentation templates.
- Provide level 1 issue support to TOS end users at the terminal and integrated 3rd party systems.
- Actively follow up the resolution of incidents with the TOS suppliers and ensure timely delivery of required solutions
- Investigate, analyse, document reported defects and contact software editor support.
- Prioritize reported issues to accurately identify, escalate, and respond to urgent or critical matters in support of 24x7x365 operations.
- Have a continuous improvement mind set for the TOS systems and processes for their respective areas of responsibilities
- Adherence to the agreed SLAs for TOS system maintenance & support.
- Install, modify and make minor repairs to application, and provide technical assistance and training to end users.
- Respond to stakeholders new requests and improvement ideas related to TOS and prepare actions to follow up.
- Proactively engage with the user community to collect information about the issues and lead OPS through diagnostic procedures to determine source (s) of error for simple issues. More complex issues are to be referred to supervision.
- Practice compliance to policies and standards.
- Contribute to the implementation of projects/tasks within the defined scope, time and budget within the framework of the IT policy.
- Act as the bridge between operations and the IT department
- Respect all safety, security and health requirements for various work environments
WORK/BUSINESS CONTACTS AND AUTHORITY
TM 2 stakeholders and functions
External contractors and vendors
Who we are looking for
Master of science (MSc)/Engineer degree in Computer Science, Computer Applications, Electrical or Automation
- A 1-2 years experience in technical application administration or functional administration experience, in a medium to large organization, will be a plus
- Experience of working in a highly responsive support organization
- Solid object oriented background and experience designing and developing software in a commercial software development and/or consulting organization
- Experience designing complex algorithms for mission-critical, enterprise software applications
- Experience with test automation, describing functional requirements with use cases, and capturing designs
- Experience working in team-oriented environments, and working with other project stakeholders and functional groups
- Working knowledge of Databases (SQL, ORACLE) including querying the database, creating / modifying tables, views, familiar with backup/recovery techniques.
- Must be multi-task oriented with proven ability to manage several activities simultaneously.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and manage relational databases, tables, and queries
- Experience tuning a database or data warehouse once the resulting application has gone into production
- Must have good analytical skills to be able to relate and analyse the business requirements and configure the applications to meet the business needs.
- Strong organizational and personal discipline skills;
- Ability to lead sub-projects for TOS and integration with other systems.
- Ability to assess business issues, identify risks and to interpret them into technology solutions/requirements;
- Proven demonstrated ability to be a team player as well as able to work independently within the defined project, maintaining good relationship to customer, staff and other project team members.
- Understanding of Port Equipment, Automated systems and controls and related industrial infrastructures architecture would be an added advantage;