Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is an institution dedicated to research and innovation in Africa and aims to position itself among world-renowned universities in its fields The University is engaged in economic and human development and puts research and innovation at the forefront of African development. A mechanism that enables it to consolidate Morocco’s frontline position in these fields, in a unique partnership-based approach and boosting skills training relevant for the future of Africa. Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of the Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
Lot 660, Hay Moulay Rachid, Ben Guerir 43150
Missions and responsibilities
- Qualitative and financial monitoring of portfolio investments: Manage accounting and financial reporting of portfolio companies across all assets under management for UM6P's investment vehicle entities
- Review financial statements deliverables, investment valuation, fund returns, cash management, management fee, carried interest, distribution/ capital calls calculations
- Manage data integrity of UM6P's asset management system
- Work cross-functionally with various teams at UM6P, focusing on portfolio management, valuation, forecasting, fundraising, and other key initiatives
- Create process improvements and automation of key areas to streamline reporting processes
- Evaluate accounting implications to UM6P's investment vehicle entities and establish processes as a result of entering new transactions
- Develop and maintain forecast models
- Create, monitor, and update risk profiles and investment allocation models.
- Provide recommendations for rebalancing portfolios, investing cash, and raising cash consistent with UM6P' sensitivity, portfolio, and overall current investment strategy.
- Report consistently on financial market conditions.
- Act as a product and technical expert across UM6P venturing entities
- Lead, participate and contribute to Investment Committees
- Build and maintain relationships with colleagues, peers, and industry groups to keep abreast of industry changes that may be of interest or impact to UM6P
- Prepare reports to UM6P administrators throughout the fiscal year and particularly before Investment committees, Audit Committees, and board meetings detailing the financial health of portfolio companies
Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, technology, business administration, finance or related field required. MBA or equivalent degree is strongly preferred.
CFA, CPA, or similar designation required
A minimum of 10 years of management experience in public accounting (Big 4), investment management, and data analysis during which the candidate has conducted conclusive negotiations and acquired solid experience in financial portfolio management
Strong project leading/management skills - able to identify, engage and work with different stakeholders across private and public sectors, such as fund managers, investment advisors, issuers, institutional investors, regulators, banks, and other intermediaries.
- Mastery of the mechanism for managing business financing
- Excellent knowledge of the socio-economic environment in Morocco and Africa
- Mastery of financial analysis and financial modeling
- Experience with portfolio management, rebalancing, and CRM software preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of regulations and project finance
- Mastery of communication and negotiation techniques
- Strong interpersonal and organizational abilities, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills