Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is an institution dedicated to research and innovation in Africa and aims to position itself among world-renowned universities in its fields The University is engaged in economic and human development and puts research and innovation at the forefront of African development. A mechanism that enables it to consolidate Morocco’s frontline position in these fields, in a unique partnership-based approach and boosting skills training relevant for the future of Africa. Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of the Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
Lot 660, Hay Moulay Rachid, Ben Guerir 43150
UM6P Core Lab is currently in search of a NMR Specialist to become a valued member of our team, contributing to CoreLab services. We are specifically seeking candidates who possess extensive experience in designing and conducting experiments using NMR instruments, and who excel in various areas, such as sample preparation, assay development and method selection, instrumentation maintenance and troubleshooting, and proficiency with software interfaces. Candidates with prior expertise in solid and liquid NMR laboratory is required. Additionally, a background of various NMR methods development will be viewed as advantageous. Strong communication and analytical abilities are paramount for this role, as they play a crucial part in the successful execution of responsibilities.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reception, processing, and classification of requests for liquid and solid NMR analysis
- Handling of samples to be analyzed: storage, conditioning, preparation, etc.
- Selection and definition of NMR techniques and methods to be used.
- Advice and guidance for users.
- Implementation and performance of analyses on the NMR spectrometer.
- Ensure traceability of experiments: organize and archive data.
- Participate in NMR spectrometer maintenance, control, and calibration operations.
- Participate in drafting NMR laboratory procedures.
- Active involvement in various department activities.
- Participate in the supply and stock management of NMR laboratory consumables (solvents, standards, small equipment, etc.).
- Apply health and safety rules relating to the use of chemicals, cryogenic liquids, and measuring equipment.
- Participate in the platform certification process.
- Participate in the preparation of the department’s event (workshops, seminars, presentations…)
- Organize and provide workshop sessions for the students and the research community.
- Master/Engineer or PhD degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience in solid and liquid NMR or a related field.
- Experience with various solid and liquid NMR methods
- Knowledge and experience of software tools related to NMR techniques, in particular, software for processing and predicting spectra: Topspin, Mnova, ChemDraw.
- Familiarity with lab safety protocols and regulations.
- Excellent organizational skills (time and priority management)
- Excellent communication skills (French and English).
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task without compromising quality and accuracy.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.