Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is an institution dedicated to research and innovation in Africa and aims to position itself among world-renowned universities in its fields The University is engaged in economic and human development and puts research and innovation at the forefront of African development. A mechanism that enables it to consolidate Morocco’s frontline position in these fields, in a unique partnership-based approach and boosting skills training relevant for the future of Africa. Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of the Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
Lot 660, Hay Moulay Rachid, Ben Guerir 43150
The Africa Business School (ABS) within Mohammed IV Polytechnic University (UM6P, Morocco) is recruiting ONE research assistant in Marketing.
The Africa Business School is dedicated to creating a rigorous and inclusive center for the development of research and learning in the continent. Drawing on strong private and public support, and in partnership with Columbia University, HEC Paris, and Ecole Polytechnique, ABS aims to become a trendsetter for shaping the social and business landscape in Africa and beyond.
The school is seeking candidates with ambitious career goals, preferably with direct relevance for the African continent. Readiness to be a self-starter is essential.
Job Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Performing research in the field of Marketing
- Working with other researchers to deliver quantitative/qualitative research projects
- Providing statistical and analytical support to the Marketing research team
- Keeping abreast of findings from relevant research in Morocco, Africa and beyond
- Contributing to the publication of reports and articles in top-rated journals
- Perform other relevant academic duties that may be assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to communicate material of a specialist or highly technical nature
- Knowledge of latest trends in Digital Marketing and Transformative Service Research
- Knowledge of research methods and techniques to work within established research programmes
- Ability to work as part of a research team
- Assist with the delivery of business and corporate tasks assigned to the Marketing cluster
The position offers:
- Life & medical insurance
- Maternity leave
- Paid vacations
Competitive candidates will exhibit a desire to contribute to the formation of an emerging school.
Priority will be given to candidates with a demonstrated ability to conduct research in English. The ideal candidate will also have a proven track record of previous experience conducting research on topics related to Marketing with a focus on the African continent.
Location: ABS has its main campus in Rabat and is a part of Mohamed IV Polytechnic University (UM6P) which is in Ben Guerir, Morocco, near Marrakesh. This position will be based in Rabat.
The application must contain:
1. A Cover Letter
2. Detailed Curriculum Vitae
In your profile please upload:
3. A List of Three References
4. One Recommendation Letter
- Masters in Marketing or related discipline
- Knowledge in the use of python and R in big data analytics
- Evidence of research activity and published research is desirable
- Ability to manage research and administrative activities and to balance competing pressures of research and administrative demands and deadlines
- Possess sufficient knowledge in the discipline and of research methods and techniques to work within established research programs
- Able to build contacts and participate in internal and external networks for the exchange of information and collaboration