Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is an institution dedicated to research and innovation in Africa and aims to position itself among world-renowned universities in its fields The University is engaged in economic and human development and puts research and innovation at the forefront of African development. A mechanism that enables it to consolidate Morocco’s frontline position in these fields, in a unique partnership-based approach and boosting skills training relevant for the future of Africa. Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of the Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
Lot 660, Hay Moulay Rachid, Ben Guerir 43150
The UM6P CoreLab is a research and service-providing platform managed in a centralized and simplified manner to facilitate access to a wide range of technologies, expertise, and services offered to UM6P researchers and external clients.
UM6P Core Lab is currently in search of a Mass Spectrometry Specialist to become a valued member of our team, contributing to mass spectrometry-based proteomics and metabolomics service. We are specifically seeking candidates who possess extensive experience in designing and conducting experiments using mass spectrometer instruments, and who excel in various areas, such as sample preparation, assay development, instrumentation maintenance and troubleshooting, database searching, and proficiency with software interfaces.
Candidates with prior expertise in HPLC and experience in proteomics metabolomics, lipidomics, and small molecule analysis will be given added consideration. Additionally, a background in bioinformatics will be viewed as advantageous. Strong communication and analytical abilities are paramount for this role, as they play a crucial part in the successful execution of responsibilities.Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform sample preparation prior to mass spectrometry-based proteomics, including optimization of protocols and set-up of conditions.
• Perform biochemical analyses and routine maintenance and calibration of mass spectrometers to ensure optimal instrument performance.
• Prepare biological samples, run and maintain LC-MS instruments.
• Collaborate with researchers to design experiments, develop new methodologies, and troubleshoot analytical challenges.
• Document experimental procedures, data, and results meticulously, adhering to standard operating procedures and UM6P core lab guidelines.
• Maintain inventory of samples, reagents, and lab supplies.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Master/Engineer degree with 2+ years of experience with LC-MS in chemistry, biochemistry, or a related field.
• Preferred experience in proteomics and/or metabolomics
• Familiarity with lab safety protocols and regulations.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Familiarity with the analysis of large data sets, including working knowledge of a coding language such as R, will be a plus.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to multi-task without compromising quality and accuracy.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
If you possess the necessary qualifications and are excited about contributing to cutting-edge platform in mass spectrometry-based proteomics and metabolomics, we encourage you to apply. This is a great opportunity to be part of a dynamic and innovative team.
Please submit your application, including your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience with LC-MS