Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is an institution dedicated to research and innovation in Africa and aims to position itself among world-renowned universities in its fields The University is engaged in economic and human development and puts research and innovation at the forefront of African development. A mechanism that enables it to consolidate Morocco’s frontline position in these fields, in a unique partnership-based approach and boosting skills training relevant for the future of Africa. Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of the Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
Lot 660, Hay Moulay Rachid, Ben Guerir 43150
While OCP group, a world leader in fertilizer production, is a privileged client for the University, a growing portfolio of clients is driving the development of a rich R&D ecosystem around the university. UM6P enjoys ample research funding, moderate teaching load, and excellent facilities. The university promotes multidisciplinary R&D, entrepreneurship and collaboration with external institutions and clients with the aim of advancing the Moroccan and African economies.
LIMSET, Laboratory of Inorganic Materials for Sustainable Energy Technologies, is formed by a multidisciplinary group of scientists and engineers focused to develop innovative training and research related to sustainable energy. The laboratory is leading research in design, development, and optimization of the next generation of inorganic materials for their application in different processes and technologies of sustainable energy. LIMSET is conducting research in a wide range of applied sciences, aiming to contribute to the competitiveness of Moroccan and African companies. The current research of the entity includes activities and innovative projects, such as: (a) cost-effective thermal energy storage for industrial waste heat recovery and Power-to-Heat applications, (b) all-solid batteries for future electric vehicles, and (c) innovative materials and processes for the production and storage of green hydrogen and green ammonia.
The research assistants will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Perform an exhaustive study of the state of the art of inorganic materials used to produce sustainable hydrogen and ammonia.
- Design, synthesis, and structural characterization of advance inorganic materials for their application in the field of sustainable hydrogen and ammonia production.
- Determination of the most relevant thermophysical properties of the studied materials.
- Prepare papers for publication in leading journals and/or contribute to the dissemination at national/international conferences, workshops and meetings resulting in successful research outputs.
- Support, if required, the development of proposals for research funding.
- Supervise, if required, the master students.
Application and selection
The application folder must contain:
- A cover letter setting out the candidate's motivation in relation to this job profile.
- A detailed curriculum vitae with contact information of at least two references.
- Score and ranking in master or engineering cycle.
Working conditions of the position:
Deadline: The selection process ends once 2 candidates are selected
Start of contract: January 2023.
Location: UM6P, Benguerir
Type of Contract: CDD (1 year with possibility to be converted to a PhD contract).
Criteria of the candidate:
- Master's degree or engineering degree, or equivalent in the fields of chemistry, physical chemistry, or material science, or equivalent.
- Experience in the development, synthesis, and characterization of inorganic materials.
- Good capacity to set objectives and priorities and follow a scientific approach.
- Excellent communication skills including written and oral presentation skills in French and English.
- Ability to generate new ideas, links, and builds upon existing ideas to generate unique concepts and solutions.
- Ability to work with a diverse population: national and international staff, students, researchers, professors, companies, and partners.
- Autonomy and spirit of initiative, rigor, discretion, sense of organization and problem-solving skills.