Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is an institution dedicated to research and innovation in Africa and aims to position itself among world-renowned universities in its fields The University is engaged in economic and human development and puts research and innovation at the forefront of African development. A mechanism that enables it to consolidate Morocco’s frontline position in these fields, in a unique partnership-based approach and boosting skills training relevant for the future of Africa. Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of the Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
Lot 660, Hay Moulay Rachid, Ben Guerir 43150
The Research Infrastructure Management Office is currently seeking to hire a Maintenance Engineer for the Lab Equipment Maintenance Core Lab (LEM). UM6P’s LEM is responsible for providing centralized maintenance services for all UM6P equipment. This Maintenance Cell is an integral component of a comprehensive set of facilities designed to support scientists and researchers in the fields of research.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare the site for the equipment installation and assist in the acceptance process and technical validation of equipment installation.
- Undertake, if required, the installation of newly received equipment at all UM6P sites.
- Relocate and reinstall upon request the life science equipment.
- Conduct preventive maintenance tasks on the life science equipment including the sequencing and analytical instruments.
- Perform repairs and coordinate with external service providers for complex issues.
- Perform functional tests and calibration procedures to ensure equipment accuracy.
- Develop and implement preventive maintenance schedules.
- Provide the central warehouse with the necessary equipment/spare parts for scheduled maintenance.
- Carry out scheduled maintenance tasks to prevent equipment breakdowns and ensure optimal performance.
- Conduct routine inspections and performance tests to identify issues or potential problems.
- Provide on-site training and hands-on workshops on life science equipment.
- Maintain detailed records and reports of equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Document all maintenance activities and keep comprehensive service logs.
- Participate and contribute to the laboratory certification according to the ISO 17025 standard.
Required Qualifications :
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience in the maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of sequencing systems and analytical equipment is a must.
- Proficiency in electronics, electrical diagnostics, and repair.
- Knowledge of calibration and validation procedures for analytical equipment.
- Understanding of healthcare regulations and standards related to analytical equipment.
- Flexibility to adapt to new technologies and changing work environments.
- Strong knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) in SAP.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Editorial skills and proficiency with computer tools.