Mohammed VI Polytechnic University is an institution dedicated to research and innovation in Africa and aims to position itself among world-renowned universities in its fields The University is engaged in economic and human development and puts research and innovation at the forefront of African development. A mechanism that enables it to consolidate Morocco’s frontline position in these fields, in a unique partnership-based approach and boosting skills training relevant for the future of Africa. Located in the municipality of Benguerir, in the very heart of the Green City, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University aspires to leave its mark nationally, continentally, and globally.
Lot 660, Hay Moulay Rachid, Ben Guerir 43150
Job Title: Research Engineer in Biomass pretreatment
African Sustainable Agriculture Research Institute (ASARI) at Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P) in Laayoune is seeking applications for a full-time Research Engineer in the field of Biomass pretreatment.
Candidates should hold a PhD in Biomass pretreatment and Bioprocesses.
Ability to engage professionally with a diverse population of faculty, staff, and students across the university and externally is required.
Evidence of research excellence is expected. Strong French and English communication skills, both verbal and written, are required
Successful candidate is expected to:
- Conduct original research within an international framework;
- Have a strong expertise in enzymatic pretreatment;
- Knowledge and familiarity with anaerobic biotechnologies;
- Have a strong expertise in biochemical characterization;
- Knowledge and familiarity with microbiology;
- Have a strong collaboration with the program faculty and perform multidisciplinary research;
- Publish the results of personal and sponsored research in international journals refereed by his/her peers;
- Pursue and/or propose scholarly and professional activities that will keep him/her at the leading edge of his/her field.
Criteria of the candidate:
- PhD in Biomass pretreatment, Bioprocesses, and Fermentation from a recognized University;
- Strong experience in in the field of enzymatic pretreatment;
- Experience in other pretreatment techniques;
- Experience in analytical chemistry;
- Ability to generate new ideas, links, and to build upon existing ideas to generate good concepts and solutions;
- High publication record in leading international and well ranked journals;
- An experience in supervising of Master students;
- Maintains positive attitude in the workplace.
Applications should contain the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A letter (maximum 1 page) explaining the motivation for the position
- Research statement (maximum 2 pages)
- Contact information of 3 references (Applicants are assumed to have obtained their references’ consent to be contacted for this matter)
Applications are to be submitted on the recruitment platform stating in object “Research Engineer in Biomass pretreatment”